Sunday, June 28, 2009

Canada Day

Canada enters its 143rd year this coming Wednesday. I’ve been here for 44 of them. That’s almost a third of Canada’s existence as a free independent state. A lot has changed in those 44 years! But you can’t change history! And you can’t change the characters that built that history. Unfortunately though, you can ignore them. And in Canada, I think we have.


Over the last few years we’ve watched as main stream media has told us who have been the most influential and important Canadians, which Canadians are a representation of that ever elusive true Canadian character. Watch this spot over the next week as I write about Canadians I believe to be the most important and representative of true Canadian character and culture.


Many will disagree with my choices but I hope it will encourage them and others to examine what the country means to them. And what really is the character of Canada.

1 comment:

  1. For me, one of the most enfluential Canadians would be... Gord Downie. When he showed up in a scene in One Week, I almost cried! Actually, that's a lie. I was crying pretty much the entire way through that movie. It felt like my heart was exploding with pride and sadness all at once.

    ReplyDelete